Monday, January 29, 2007

Shoulder Rotation

One of my goals has been to attain full functionality and rotation in my shoulder joints. I have had upper-cross syndrome for years and I did not know it. Most people who have it don't know it. The longer the condition goes unattended while continuing to train, the harder it becomes to fix because upper-cross syndrome makes it virtually impossible to have correct form on any upper body exercise and deadlift (and Romanian deadlift, and power cleans, and shrugs...), even isolation movements, including biceps curls.
The upper crossed syndrome is defined as tightness of the upper trapezius, pectoralis major, and levator scapulae and weakness of the rhomboids, serratus anterior, middle and lower trapezius, and the deep neck flexors, especially the scalene muscles. link
Do I have it?: Upper Cross Syndrome
How do I fix it? Perfect Posture Plan
Being able to fully rotate my arms about the shoulder joint was something I took for granted. Instead of fully rotating the actual shoulder joint I just made circling motions with my arms swinging and my elbows bent.

Something in my shoulders has finally "clicked." I can fully rotate my shoulders while my arms are fully extended, with elbows locked. It's like something I'm experiencing for the first time, as far as I can remember anyway. It's liberating.

I found these shoulder stretches most helpful and who knows better about full rotation of the shoulders than swimmers? :

1 comment:

buy tadalafil depoxetine online said...

super vidalista it increases the blood flow to the male genital organ dilating the blood vessels leading to a hard erection required for sensual intercourse. That medication both improves erection and fights the symptoms of BPH urinary urgency, voiding problems, pelvic pain and discomfort, and more.